We are looking for an outstanding Business Director to join our award-winning sport division.
The role of the Business Director is to develop the entire agency, ensuring that the day-to-day running of the business is as effective as possible, that we deliver strategic and creative work we are proud of and that we continue to grow, both in terms of profitability and agency reputation.
Working as part of the management team you will have a pivotal role in leading the sport team and driving it forward. You will be responsible for nurturing our client portfolio and developing the way in which we operate, to achieve our company’s broader vision.
In addition to the care of direct reports, you are responsible for the overall agency culture, epitomising our philosophy of Brutal Simplicity of Thought, growing and shaping client business through creativity and strategic innovation.
- Have at least eight years’ experience of having delivered innovative, strategic and creative campaigns for big global brands, with a specialism in the sector or sport
- Remain abreast of market trends and provide feedback and suggestions as to how the business can use these to its competitive advantage, staying one step ahead of clients in terms of changes and developments in the industry
- Continue to cultivate and maintain solid relationships with a variety of media, influencers and industry figureheads, leveraging these relationships to support clients and gain insights
- Worked on a variety of creative campaigns and projects demonstrating true leadership
- Multi-channel sponsorship activation expertise including social, digital, experiential, and earned.
- Experience and a passion for all things sport, culture and entertainment
- A working knowledge of global football and the media landscape around it will be a bonus for this role
The successful candidate will have a proven record of generating new opportunities through:
- Cultivating a broad network to become aware of any potential new business briefs, ensuring that we are considered for any relevant opportunities
- Organic growth – actively volunteering ideas / solutions as add-on services to increase fee income
- Participating in selling new projects / ideas / solutions to increase fees and ensuring that all additional projects are profitable and well managed
- Creating best in class new business responses, including strategic and creative development
The successful candidate will:
- Constantly strive to develop and execute creative ideas that will deliver fame for our clients and the agency, constantly exceeding expectations
- Remain committed to retaining clients through developing strong relationships with all client contacts, proactively developing the relationship and being a trusted business partner and respected advisor / consultant
- Provide strategic counsel to executive-level clients, based on your understanding of their business, its challenges, competitors and the marketplace
- Leading by example, you will exhibit clear and concise thinking that delivers on the promise of Brutal Simplicity of Thought, conveying a passion for success, attention to detail and outstanding professionalism always
- We are looking for someone to inspire and empower our team, nurturing our talent to safeguard the evolution of our work, so we can continue to drive the industry forward